So I made an @msn.com e-mail

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

2. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

OK, I'm going to try and help you here. First off, don't pay for anything, but unless that was just a trial the other day, to late for that advice! I had a hotmail account only to take advantage of the free 25gb Skydrive. Never used hm but some spambot found it and I was spamed to death. Hm is all my wife uses and she gets spamed to death but won't switch. I switched to samename@outlook.com and kept my free 25gigs account (really 50 with my wifes account) of storage and no spam but still don't use the account to correspond. I mostly mail all the children and friends with either my isp pop3 mail (Windows Live) or gmail. Nothing special about either and would have preferred if Outlook Express had been carried over to W7. Had Outlook available to me since I had Office on the XP machine but used it at work and again nothing special for the home user. Have never had any spam in gmail or the pop3 accounts. For most commerce I use Yahoo, and although I occasionally (like maybe one or two/month) receive spam, their filter system works really well. That was the bad thing about hotmail, the filters were useless. Now here is my advice, by all means try Yahoo. I realize almost anything you do on a PC comes down to "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" but for me Yahoo is the cleanest and most logical. Give it a try and good luck!

3. berryracer

Thanks for the advice.

First, I did not purchase any 25 GB Sky Driver or anything. My Dropbox account has 65 GB space of FREE storage :) (thanks to owning a Samsung Galaxy S3 a few months back which automatically gives u 50 GB additional space to Dropbox for free) in addition to my referrals

Secondly, I will try Yahoo to see if I like its interface

Thirdly, you're right, I did have a hotmail before and the amount of spam it used to get was abnormal. Is there anything special why hotmail gets spammed a lot more than others?

4. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I was referring to a post a few days ago when you asked if anyone used "something mail" and it cost $9 (I think). Skydrive is Microsoft's free storage you get with their email accounts. It was 25gb and remains so for those that had accounts prior to them reducing it to 7gigs now for new accounts.

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Same here.:)

6. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

7. berryracer

oh crap, I just discovered that Hotmail accounts don't support IMAP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.