So I installed SteadyState 2.5 Beta today.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ratchet, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

I have it disabled at startup. Really wasn't sure how to just turn it off. The slow boot issue with v2.0 seems to be resolved. When I enabled Disc Protection (and after it made the partition) it booted quite normally. I turned DP off and it took quite a while to boot, however, I believe it was just removing the partition as it stated it was going to do. If I want to try some software install that requires a boot I'll enable it. With Sandboxie I really don't see the need for it or Returnil Pro (which I installed the other day for free), although admittedly, I ran sandboxed inside Returnil and couldn't even tell, they were so compatible, just kind of overkill using both.

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Ratchet,
    Sandboxie and Returnil overkill ? Both do a different job.
    Returnil keeps your system partition UNCHANGED after reboot, that's all.
    Returnil doesn't stop the installation and execution of malware, it only removes it during reboot.

Sandboxie stops the execution of malware by isolating the malware in a sandbox, so it can't do any harm anymore. This is only for sandboxed applications, like browsers, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.