So far not impressed.

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Drifting, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifting

Drifting Registered Member

Apart from the very confusing install, instructions that did not take into account sharepoint, and now two of my XP workstations complaining that the AV is out of date (Don't say search the forum! I did, and I was not allowed to view the link) In fact if it was not for this forum I would have ditched the product.
    Do I sound peeved, you bet. I really hate it when software companies expect you to spend hours searching out how to install.

Moan over.

So how do I tell XP that Nod is a good product? and that's it IS up to date? Before I delete the whole thing and go back to Etrust on my SBS server and workstations.

Drift
    (Who is normally polite and patient)

2. steve1955

steve1955 Registered Member

if you know its installed and up to date go into security centre and untick box next to "virus protection"

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello . Welcome to Wilders !
    What exactly made you trobles during the install process ?

No need to do that . Microsoft Windows XP already knows NOD is the best AV product ;) :D

Assuming you have problems with Windows XP SP2 Security Center reporting NOD32 is not up-to-date . First please make sure it is really updated by opening Control Center -> Updates and manually Updating it .If you have some other problems , don't hesitate to post again ;) :thumb:

~snip....removed privileged information....Bubba~

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2006
  4. Drifting

Ok I accept that I don't know the product well, I have tried an update from the mirror and it says all well with the world. The signature is 1882, is there somewhere on the Eset site with the latest sig release? So that I can confirm it?

Thank's for the prompt replies, it is appreciated. Just so frustrated with the configuration editor, with passwords all over the place...Why on earth they cannot have a license file import that completely covers the downloads, configuration and any of the other bolts on's. Rather than having to keep cutting and pasting emails from Eset (yeah I accept that I am being picky)

I think I shall just remove the product and re install, in the vain hope that it does not keep any config in the registry, and I can start again. This time I will not be using the terrible manual from Eset, but rather the guide on here.

Drift.

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi ! Please , DO NOT PERFORM the advise given in my previous post !
    Windows Security Center seems not to be corrupted - your NOD32 is really out of date ! The latest signature is 1896

NOD32 antivirus system information
    Virus signature database version: 1896 (20061201)
    Dated: 01 December 2006
    Virus signature database build: 8500

Information on other scanner support parts
    Advanced heuristics module version: 1.041 (20061129)
    Advanced heuristics module build: 1129
    Internet filter version: 1.002 (20040708 )
    Internet filter build: 1013
    Archive support module version: 1.050 (20060926)
    Archive support module build version: 1176

I suggest you
    1. Make sure you have internet connection
    2. Open Control Center by clicking once the icon on the system tray .
    3. Open Update -> Press Setup
    4. the servers , from the list , choose "Choose automatically"

Now press the button Update now and NOD32 will download the lastest definitions and protections

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't think you should reinstall NOD32 , just check the configuration . Please , give us more information about what your license is (Is it Enterprise edition) . How many machines do you have protected by NOD ?

7. Drifting

Thanks. That sorted it, but not in quite the way you anticipated.

The problem was the configuration editor, I had somehow managed to tell the server to get it's updates from itself, rather than the internet. Changed the setting to auto, and downloaded, now got the same version as you. Think I will have to do some serious reading of the config editor. Especially the part about assigning configs to specific machines. (ie Servers & Workstations)

Thanks for the help.

Drift.

8. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

9. Drifting

Yes it is Enterprise. Just 6 user, with exchange scanner. Should have used the NFR they gave me last year, just never found the time, so I ended up buying a copy for my home network so I could test it out before I inflicted it on our customer base. :D

They should really take a leaf out of CA Etrust, the configuration is suburb as you can create groups of computers with different properties, expect Nod can do it, but it's not obvious?

Drift

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome ! :thumb:

Yeah , this is a minor mistake but may cause "major" problem :D :D Just calm down , and relaxed have a look at the settings . After that I am sure you'll love NOD because it happens to everybody , it is just excellent product .

If you find it problematic and difficult , contact the representer you bought NOD32 from (NOD32 reseller/distibutor) and ask them to meet live to have these minor issues fixed . :thumb: ;)

11. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , NOD32 can do it

12. Drifting

LOL, I am that reseller :) We just signed up, been selling CA stuff for over 16 years. Must be set in my ways....

Drift.

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Wow , I am really sorry ! I am a reseller , too . I am from Bulgaria . ;) Read that

Since you are a reseller , just contact ESET or your distributor and they'll show you and demonstrate how NOD32 Enterprise edition works (RAS/RAC) . It would be useful either for you and for your future clients :thumb:

By the way , I just got a new update :D

Attached Files:

14. Drifting

Seeing as you know the product well, and feeling a little harassed, do you know of a list or recommended exclusions from scanning? Normally with Etrust we would not scan the Exchange Store, and the InetPub, as in the past w3wp.exe would start eating memory. Found nothing from the Eset uk site. Will try and find the info to register on your reseller page.

Thanks Drift.

15. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't want to make anybody feel harassed :) I am just satisfied NOD32 user and just wanna help ;)

If you have NOD running on exchange (with XMON) , do make sure AMON does not scan (create exclusions)
    %ProgramFiles%\exchsrvr\mdbdata
    %ProgramFiles%\exchsrvr\mtadata

IMON must be off on servers

16. Drifting

Thanks, you were not harassing me, the opposite more like.

I have already excluded the Store files, and I had to exclude the w3p file as well as I noticed with the scanning running it started to consume a lot more memory that usual.

Right I'm off to read the manual a little more deeply.

Drift.

17. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You can read the manuals on the ESET site about NOD32 Standart edition/Enterprise edition/XMON , you can also have a look at NOD32's help file . You can read ESET's European site http://www.eset.eu . Another useful site is BrianN's web-site http://www.nod32sse.com

By the way , reading one of your previous posts : under normal curcumstances , NOD32 doesn't leave any tracks in the registry after being removed

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2006
  18. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

19. joel406

joel406 Registered Member

NOD32 was the right choice, listen to all who have responded to you they really want to and can help. I have used NOD32 for a year and Blackspear is the best teacher in the world. Welcome to the wounderful world of eset and relax you are safe at last.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.