Snapshots empty, can't recover my data

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Piko71, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Piko71

Piko71 Registered Member

Hi,

Sorry if this issue was mentioned before but I couldn't find some answers to it.

I use Paragon Drive Backup 10 to do snapshots of my 3 HD for some years now:)
    (I have Paragon Backup and Recovery 12 Home on my computer too but I am used to PDB10 and use it instead.)

Some 3 weeks ago I tried to recover some files and couldn't find them in my backup data.

I made a new snapshot but they seems to be emptyo_O
    It looks like this...

Paragon004.jpg

When I will to recover something...

Paragon002.jpg

But, whichever I open I get empty backup...

Paragon001.jpg

But the buckup is there...

Paragon003.jpg

And I can recover the files from the oldest snapshot by use PB&R12H programme.

I tried to repair PDB10 but it doesn't help.

Please excuse my bad English :oops: I hope I'll get some help anyway:rolleyes:

2. Volare

Volare Registered Member

Hello Piko,

Your English is just fine. At least you can speak more than one language, which is great.

PDB10 was a while ago and I've never used PDB or Drive Copy, but if works similar to more recent Paragon backup programs, then maybe its because your archive database has gone missing or it could have become corrupted. With more current Paragon versions, there should be a folder in your root directory as follows: C:\archive_db

Maybe you accidently deleted this folder or the archive file (arcdir) might have just lost track of your backups. I'm guessing PDB10 might produce the same folder in your root directory. I could be wrong.

If I have been guessing correctly so far, then you should be able to re-add backup archives using the PDB10 interface, so they re-appear in your "Browse Archives" list. I'm not sure how this is done in PDB10, but it might be similar to how you would go about it with Backup and Recovery, where you go to "Archives"-->"Add Archive to the Database" and then you browse to your backup location and chose the .pbf file. The specific backup that you had chosen should then appear in your archive list. If this works for you, then re-add your backups one-by-one until you have populated your archive list.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, I'm really not sure what else you could try.

3. Piko71

Piko71 Registered Member

Yes it was a while ago:cool: I am with Paragon since PDB9 and with PDB10 come an Paragon System Backup which I use even today. There wasn't such addition with Paragon Backup and Recovery 11 (at least I couldn’t find it) neither with Paragon Backup and Recovery 12 Home which I have installed on my machine today. So I use Paragon System Backup from PDB10 which worked well until fortnight.
    You are right and I have the folder archdb in my root directory and there are 2 files in it. One file contains the pass way to my backup and the other file contains some log (archdb.ptl, setlnk.ref).
    As I told before I found my backups made with PSB when I started PBaR12H and looked for it with the procedure you mentioned above (I could even restore a file with PBaR12H), but I steel can’t see my backups with Paragon System Backup!
    Well, it didn't help really, but I am grateful anyway that you tried to help. It is very frustrated when you rope for help and nobody answer yours rope. So thank you very much indeed! :thumb:

4. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

From memory, if you look in the start menu >All Programs Paragon folder, there is one called Advanced. In there is a shortcut called Restore . That should fire up the restore wizard - almost the same as the restore wizard in Paragon 12.

5. Piko71

Piko71 Registered Member

Hi, Sorry for no answer but subscribe doesn't work for me on this forum. My Paragon System Backup repaired itself somehow and so I didn't look for the answer.

But I am steel concern to learn how PSB works and why it doesn't work as it should o_O

@SIW I do not have the folder called Advanced in my Start>All Programs>Paragon folder, it looks like this instead:

Paragon005.jpg

On the other way (C:\Program Files (x86)\Paragon Software) it looks like this:

Paragon006.jpg

So I can't do what you advise :oops:

6. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Sorry for late reply.

If you also have Paragon Backup and recovery 12, you can try the Restore Wizard from that and browse to the archive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.