snapshot disc image

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by maddawgz, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi i just used snap shot disc image im not gr8 with these things?? anyhow i think i picked c drive to back up when asked me..said something like 44345rmb forgot anyhow i backed it up..now its checking it..test image after back up!! I run NTFS windows home..only have 1 Hd .. my question is i saved the file now do i use this file to restore if something goes wrong with system? if i back this file up onto disc and say my system crashedo_O can i used this file to restore all programs and O/s back to its former state or do i need another program for that? without using heaps of discso_O i just have a Cd rewrite..thanks MD :rolleyes:

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

If you aquire a virus or something , you can restore the old " good " image from snapshot . ( If you can get it to work ) . And support is rude ! As for making copies . I do not think that program will allow you to save to a cd . Not sure . But , if you could save the file to a cd , you can use that as well . Hope that helps as I know this is a bit confusing /

3. maddawgz

thanks hollywood..i noticed where i saved it to my folder it was like 9 files sn9 sn3 sn2, etc etc..all same size? thought woulda just been 1..i also did a floppy disc rescue thing what do i do with that ?? Sorry bit dumb here lol..MD

4. hollywoodpc

You are not dumb and never feel the need to apologize . You might teach me something here . The rescue disk . Is that floppy a copy of the snapshot or the program itself . if it is of the program , it is to reinstall if your hard drive gets screwed . And the folder with 9 . Is it 9 seperate snaps or just one that was broken down into 9 different areas and put on one snap ?

5. maddawgz

ok um the floppy was i think the program itself..had exes on it..not back up of software on my system? rescue type disco_O the other files yes i think r broken down thought it would have just created 1 image file?? what are the programs out there that back up your HDD so if u crash or reload windows you dont need to reload all the programs again..i think that's what i want?? Ill keep snapshot for viruses or if i delte a file or something..thanks again MD

thanks not the greatest with pc's here :rolleyes:

6. hollywoodpc

OK . I think what you have is for that . I could not get it to work . For me , I LOVE First Defense ISR by Raxco . You download it . Make a disc image and it is saved . If anything major happens to your system , instead of reformatting , just go and click on First Defense and choose the image . It will take you right back to how your system was , WITH all your programs from that time , just like the major problem never happened . Very sweet program . At boot up , it pops up , tells you to click for boot options . Leave it alone and it will continue on to boot . If your system gets a virus or some software causes a conflict or you notice a huge slowdown in your system , instead of reformatting , just click on First Defense at boot up . GREAT program my friend . Does that help ? Send me a pm and I will tell you more .

7. maddawgz

wow thanks hollywood..cheers..ill go search for it. now MD :D

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Bear in mind that FDISR will protect you against anything but a hard disk failure. For that you need either backup or disk image programs. Snapshot falls into the image category. Like Hollywoodpc, I couldn't figure out how to get the restore to work.

9. maddawgz

ok after a bit of searching and with hollywood's help i settled on this one its brilliant and i bought it..easy to use nice interface I also kept snapshot 2 :D

http://www.drive-image.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.