SnapDeploy PXE Setup

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jskaplan, Dec 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jskaplan

jskaplan Registered Member

having a little bit of an issue which is causing me to not be able to deploy SD2.0

Network setup:
    SD2.0 PXE Server is on the server segment with IP x.x.13.121
    Client workstations are any segment b/w X.X.15.X - X.X.25.X

ISSUE:
    if i try to boot into the PXE server from the x.x.23.x segment i can hit acronis server and upload images. my issue is this: if i try to boot into the PXE server from a workstation not on the 23 segment i get an error that i cant find it.

Did anyone ever have this issue?
    anyone have a fix?

2. jskaplan

this is ridiculous - PXE Setup for multi subnets

has anyone been successful with setting up SNAP DEPLOY across multiple subnets on your LAN?

according to acronis this is not possible and i would be very grateful for your workaround. thank you.

3. northbay

northbay Registered Member

Re: this is ridiculous - PXE Setup for multi subnets

I believe Acronis may be correct. Doesn't PXE require broadcast messages, which do not route across different subnets? You'd have to have some kind of PXE forwarder server on the other subnet to forward those packets to the subnet with the Acronis PXE server.

4. jskaplan

Re: this is ridiculous - PXE Setup for multi subnets

Acronis was wrong.

I didn't add that info before but i did have IP HELPER enabled on ALL routers within the LAN.

This has been furthur resolved through a RELAY issue that was on the ACRONIS side not mine. (3 revisions later)

now its time to image.

5. Ortax

Ortax Registered Member

I have configured the UDPHelper for udp ports 67, 68 and 69, pointing to my PXE/DHCP Server.

When I boot with a client computer I get a message like "no dhcp or bootfile information found".

Have I forgotten something?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.