SnapDeploy - computer reboot automatically when session start

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Asus, Apr 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asus

Asus Registered Member

hello everybody,

To begin i'm apologize for my bad english i hope that you can help me the best you can and help me step by step.

I use Acronis SnapDeploy v1.0.1307 install on a MS 2003 server domain controler ( 192.168.100.1) with DHCP service (192.168.100.2 to 192.168.100.253) on MS VirtualPC.

I already have got an image ( windows XP PRO done with Cloneur Expert ) of the target computer ( DELL GX1 ) save on the server's HDD, and i do 2 differents templates to deploy on 2 target computers ( 2 differents IP configuration and computer names to avoid troubles on the network ).

When i boot the target computer with PXE they receive a IP from my DHCP ( 192.168.100.2 and 192.168.100.3 ), and i have the screen to select if i want to run SnapDeploy Agent or continue Windows.
    I select to run SnapDeploy Agent and a few minutes after i've got a screen of the session and the target computer wait for deployement.
    The 2 computers is display on the management console i choose the correct template and i deploy it on the target computers.

The first time i do it, i work perfectly, i can deploy with multicast the 2 computers at the same time.

But now there is a problem.

I format the 2 target computers HDD ( because i believe that is not possible to deploy on a HDD not empty, if is possible please tell me ) .
    I want to retest the deployement on the same target computer but now when the session start, the computer shutdown automatically and i don't anderstand why if I retry, it's the same problem.
    The 2 computers are no more display on the management console, but there are on the DHCP console.

Morever, when i start the management console i've got this :

Type | module | error ( code ) | date | Time |message
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Information | 100 | 0(0x640000) |19/04/2006|15h42:52|deploy

if you need anothers informations, ask me.

please help me as soon as possible because i need it in a few days.

Thank you

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Asus,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Could you please clarify how the image was created? Was it created from a single partition or from the entire hard drive?

Could you please do the following in order to create Acronis Snap Deploy Agent logs so that we could continue investigation on this issue (this should be done on a target computer)?

* When the client side of Acronis Snap Deploy is starting up, wait for boot menu to appear and press F11. As you get the "Linux kernel settings" prompt, remove the "quiet" parameter and press OK.
    * Select Acronis Snap Deploy Agent.
    * After you get the command prompt enter:

product /mode:demon /log-level:verbose /log:../tmp/problem.log

and press enter.

* Reproduce the problem.
    * After you get the command prompt again insert a diskette into the floppy drive and enter:

mkdir /mnt/t
    mount -t vfat /devfs/floppy/0 /mnt/t
    cp /tmp/problem.log /mnt/t
    umount /mnt/t

* Collect the problem.log file from the diskette.

Then, please, continue with the following in order to create Acronis OS Deploy Server logs:

* Launch Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console;
    * Select the "Manage Deployment" option;
    * Specify the credentials for connecting to the machine with Acronis OS Deploy Server and click "OK";
    * Click on the "Show operations log" button on the icon bar;
    * Select the date you need the log from (this should be the last one, which was created when creating Acronis Snap Deploy Agent logs) and click on the "Save log entry to file" (diskette) button;
    * Specify the path and the filename for the log file and click "Save".
    * Collect this log file too.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.