Snapapi problem under Debian 3.1 Sarge

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by colbyco, Aug 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colbyco

colbyco Registered Member

i have just installed the lastest network setup Sarge (debian 3.1 linux).

next i want to install True Image Server for Linux Build 8.0.946

the HOWTO.INSTALL file explains about snapapi 0.6.4 with the dkms command.

dkms only gives errors that it cannot find snapapi.

the find command shows that only 0.6.3 is availble on Sarge, also the apt-get commando can't find snapapi.

i would very much like some advise on how to obtain 0.6.4 and install it correctly on my distribution.

running kernel 2.4.27-2-386 at this moment.

thank you.

:D

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello colbyco,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Server Disk Backup Software.

Have you tried to launch the installer? What errors do you get if you try? If you get any errors please send the logs described in the error message to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. colbyco

thanks for your prompt reply, first of all i'd like to ask if the RPM files are mandatory, since i do not use Redhat ,but in stead i run Debian 3.1 Sarge. of course i can convert rpm to .deb with the 'alien' program, but still that doesnt work as good as rpm under redhat.
    :eek:
    so can i ignore the RPM directory? although it contains the snapapi module...

dex :D

4. Acronis Support

Hello colbyco,

Please be aware that SnapAPI module is required for the program to work properly, therefore you should not ignore the installation of this component.

Please also note that Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Linux can be installed not only on Read Hat, but on a wide variety of other Linux distributions.

Please send a brief description of your issue along with the link to this thread to support@acronis.com in order to get more detailed instructions on how to install the software.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. colbyco

i have succesfully installed the snapapi module (i think) under Debian linux, with this command: alien -i snapapi26-modules-0.6.6-1.noarch.rpm

no errors occurred. :D

than i installed the trueimage package:

alien -i trueimage-8.0-946.s.e.i386.rpm

also no errors,

now under X windows i find myself an icon for trueimage server, good news... although when i start it, it says:

E000101F4: Cannot find the necessary Acronis True Image modules. Please reinstall Acronis True Image. (OK button)

when i press the okay button and than the next button, it comes up with the same error again. o_O

thank you for your time and attention.

dex@dex.cx :p

6. Acronis Support

Hello colbyco,

I'm afraid that your issue requires deeper investigation.

Please contact us via e-mail in the way I have described earlier. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.