snapapi.dll in TI10 Home Bld 4942 vs snapapi.dll in "drivers" download

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mcshrike, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcshrike

mcshrike Registered Member

while reading through some of these posts, I've noticed one common recommendation from Acronis support is to download the latest drivers and install them.

I notice that the snapapi.dll that installs with bld 4942 is listed as version 3.0.0.303 dated 10/6/2006 while the one downloaded via the drivers is 3.1.0.327 date 1/17/2007.

Why aren't the updated drivers just included in the 4942 build? Just curious? Would it be a "best practice" to install TI 10 and then also install the updated drivers or should we only install the updated drivers at the direction of support?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mcshrike,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please find my answer in this thread <True Image 10 build 4940>.

In addition, would like to mention that there is no need to update the drivers manually. Usually installing the latest Acronis Drivers (SnapAPI) is necessary as a part of troubleshooting process (collecting log files for investigation).

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.