Snap Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ramboxman, Nov 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramboxman

Ramboxman Guest

Has anyone used this feature, and did it work for you?

2. SammyTheBull

SammyTheBull Guest

I used it, but it did not tell me when it was completed and computer was bogged down to much to be able to do anything anyway. So I would recommend that you just do it the old fashone way and wait the 10 minutes out!

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ramboxman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis Snap Restore is available only for images being restored from Acronis Secure Zone. Acronis Snap Restore cannot be used if the image contains no operating system (a logical partition or disk image) or when restoring file archives.

You can find all information in Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis Snap Restore please feel free to contact us from our web-site.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Search this forum for "Snap Restore" - I think I've seen threads that indicate there are problems with it. In particular, it deletes ALL partitions prior to restoring the partition being restored.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tachyon42,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The point is that Acronis True Image 9.0 just does not notify user that Snap Restore will overwrite all partitions that are not included in the image archive. Actually, Snap Restore is basically dedicated for restoring images of the entire hard drive only.

The appropriate message will be implemented in the future builds of a particular product.

Please accept our apologies for the current inconvenience.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.