Snap Restore Errors

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sjones, Sep 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjones

sjones Registered Member

Was experimenting with image restoration techniques - Snap Restore, disk restore, partition restore, etc. I can successfully restore my PC using all techniques except the Snap Restore. When using the Snap Restore technique I experience the following issues:

1. After starting the snap restore, from an Acronis Secure Partition, when True Image attempts to boot into windows it immediately starts a chkdsk scan. Finds and corrects several errors and then complains about the windows Security Id for each file on the disk. It indicates the "security Id is invalid and is changing it to the default value".

2. Booting into windows causes a Windows Stop Event (x0000007E) - unhandled exception by snaprstr.sys.

I eventually had to go back into Image restore and perform a Partition restoration which was successful.

PC configuration:
    2 - 160GB Seagate HD configured with Intel matrix Raid.
    2 - Active Raid partitions: Raid 0 and Raid 1
    C:\ - (Windows and Applications) - 72GB - Raid 0
    F:\ - (Application Development) - 20 GB - Raid 0
    D:\ - (Data) - 100 GB - Raid 1
    Acronis Secure Partion - 8GB - on the Raid 0 volume.

Is there a known issue with using the Snap restore feature?

Is there a recommended approach to restoring drive images - at the disk level, partition, snap restore?

Is snap restore a "Gimmick" feature since it probably takes hours to restore your PC when using during a snap restore; not to mention the fact that this approach is somewhat "unconventional" considering your are attempting to restore a PC and probably should not disturb that process.

Thanks in advance

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

I would certainly class Snap Restore as a Gimmick, though I expect it was added to fill someone's long felt want and to them it is the greatest !
    On my computer a full conventional restore from an internal drive booting from the CD is only a cup of coffee away so I settle for that [​IMG]

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sjones,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that the problem that you experience is not typical and therefore requires a deeper investigation.

Could you please boot into Windows and create Acronis Report and Winows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post?

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.