Snap Deployed image goes into continious PXE cycle

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by _Si_, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Si_

_Si_ Registered Member

Very nice product and I'm currently evaluating it.

I have 5 compaq DL320 servers which I want to reimage on 15 day cycle. I have a base image which I want to deploy.

I have the PXE server running fine, and all of the servers boot into the PXE menu for snap deploy and wait for a task. I select the server I want to image, select the image and then set it going. After the image has been successfully deployed, the server in question reboots but then goes right back into the PXE SnapDeploy client and asks the server for an image to deploy (ie its waiting in for the console job).

This is very nice software, but I won't potentially buy it until I can get this sorted out. I assume the server shouldn't boot into the SnapDeploy agent but boot int the operating system its just deployed.

So right now all 5 servers are stuck in this never ending PXE Boot SnapDeploy client cycle

Please do respond as I only have 13 days of this 5 server trial version of SnapDeploy left.

Thanks
    Simon

2. michaelmaxim

michaelmaxim Registered Member

Did you use Sysprep to prep the OS prior to using Master Image Creator to create a new image? If not, you'll notice the OS will simply go through the POST boot up sequence then reboot again.

You'll need to run sysprep on the OS to get it seal the OS and ready for imaging. PM me if you need more assistance. It seems that the Acronis Support team is always out to lunch these days.

3. SamH

SamH Registered Member

If you turn off the Acronis PXE server do the servers boot correctly?

I'm just thinking, if the servers are set to boot to PXE first and the PXE server's running then you would expect them to go to the Acronis boot screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.