Snap deploy, Windows HOME and usernames!

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by analyzerx, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. analyzerx

analyzerx Registered Member

Hi,
    I've installed snap deploy server and console in a win xp PRO pc...
    And now I'm trying to make a master image from a windows HOME pc in which I've installed the agent.

Once I try to connect to the HOME computer from the console, I get asked for a username and password.
    Home edition don't have administrator accounts and stuff like that.
    Any ideas how I can connect?

Thanks in advance! ^_^

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello analyzerx,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

I'm afraid that it will not be possible to connect to the computer where Acronis Snap Deploy Agent installed if the operating system is Windows XP Home there, because Windows XP Home has the Simple Files Sharing as the default setting which cannot be changed.

Please be aware that this is the known issue and is not related to Acronis Software. This relates to Windows XP Home particularities only.

The only possible solution in this situation is to use Acronis Bootable Master Image Creator CD.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. analyzerx

analyzerx Registered Member

But this prompt for username/password is in the PXE boot-> master image creator and NOT inside windows XP Home.
    I really doubt that this has nothing to do with HOME edition limitations.

in any case, I did try making an image to a second hard disk, and then making a template out of it.
    after finishing with the template, I connected a pc with PXE, and tried to deploy the template.
    In the final step I get a "E00640009 Creating deployment script failed" error for no apparent reason.

Could you please tell me what this is related to? the template, the network setup or something else??

I'd really appreciate a fast answer cause I have to make this work before the beta expires so I can actually but the licences for all the pcs.
    buying it without actually working isn't an option! o_O

Thank you very much in advance.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello analyzerx,

Could you please do the following in order to create Acronis Snap Deploy Agent logs so that we could continue investigation on this issue (this should be done on a target computer)?

- When the client side of Acronis Snap Deploy is starting up, wait for boot menu to appear and press F11. As you get the "Linux kernel settings" prompt, remove the "quiet" parameter and press OK.
    - Select Acronis Snap Deploy Agent.
    - After you get the command prompt enter:

product /mode:demon /log-level:verbose /log:../tmp/problem.log

and press enter.

- Reproduce the problem.
    - After you get the command prompt again insert a diskette into the floppy drive and enter:

mkdir /mnt/t
    mount -t vfat /devfs/floppy/0 /mnt/t
    cp /tmp/problem.log /mnt/t
    umount /mnt/t

- Collect the problem.log file from the diskette.

Then, please, continue with the following in order to create Acronis OS Deploy Server logs:

- Launch Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console;
    - Select the "Manage Deployment" option;
    - Specify the credentials for connecting to the machine with Acronis OS Deploy Server and click "OK";
    - Click on the "Show operations log" button on the icon bar;
    - Select the date you need the log from (this should be the last one, which was created when creating Acronis Snap Deploy Agent logs) and click on the "Save log entry to file" (diskette) button;
    - Specify the path and the filename for the log file and click "Save".
    - Collect this log file too.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.