Snap Deploy Template Problems

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by George Bird, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George Bird

George Bird Registered Member

We have purchased Snap deploy and have placed it on a dedicated windows2003 server. We also have the corporate workstation versions to support our Dell laptops that are in use in the field. Specifically we have found that a PXE boot will not work on Latitude D600 series that I thought was something that Dell did not support. If this is not the case, please let me know.

Of a greater concern is that we have no problem pushing an image to the Snap deploy server booting off a master image creator CD but can not push saved images back to laptops booting the laptop from a Snap Deploy Agent CD. On the laptop side it just sits there saying its trying to sync the operating system, then times-out and shuts down. I have seen other posts with the same problem, but no posted hints on what to do except to create logs and send them in for analysis.

On the Dell laptops I have, the floppy is USB and I can't mount them to get a copy of the log file once I disable quite mode to get to a command prompt. I also do not see log files on the server side being generate.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.