Snap Deploy Problems

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by Pat0222, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat0222

Pat0222 Registered Member

Hello, I have been racking my brain for the past 4 days trying to get this product to work with no avail. Here is what I have:

-Microsoft Server 2003 installed on my File Server
    -I have Snap Deploy 3.0 build 3235 installed locally on my File Server.
    -Every component installs locally except for the Snap Deploy Management Agent (does this need to be installed on the local computer where I have the Management Console installed, or just on the PXE Server so the client computers can use it?)
    -I have an image that supposedly worked stored locally on the File Server
    -I also have the PXE Server installed and configured with the Master Image Creator and Snap Deploy Management Agent.
    -I have the Universal Deploy installed and have the licenses loaded into my License Server.

Here is what is going on:

-The client computer accesses the PXE Server and allows me to select the Snap Deploy Management Agent
    -My server has the Management Console installed, and is able to see the computers available for deployment
    -When I select the machine that I want to manually deploy to, I go through the process of selecting or creating a template, with the image that is stored locally on the computer as the image that I want to use.
    -It starts the deployment process, connects to the client computer, and gets to about 4% through the process
    -All of a sudden it says it is not able to retrieve and deploy the image.
    -This happens when I try to deploy to a computer with the same hardware or different hardware, with Universal Deploy turned off and on.

I have tried everything I can think of to solve this, I have spent numerous hours on the phone with their tech support who is completely unhelpful. I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone can help me fix this. Thanks!

2. MNimageguy

MNimageguy Registered Member

If you bought the product you just got sold a incomplete piece of software which they seem unable to fix. We have been wiating since april and working with tech support for them to fix numerous snap deploy 3 issue but they can not and/or will not.

They got the money.

We are looking at altiris and other soultions to replace it.

its pretty sad.

3. jcpb72

jcpb72 Registered Member

Hi Pat,

I was having the same problems.....The documentation is very poor, and doesn't cover enough technical questions or helps in troubleshooting......a few quick questions:

1) Does the Image deploy in Unicast Mode?

2) And if so, is your Firewall Switched "Off"

I found, it would only work in Unicast Mode rather Multicast.....

So I went out and got a LinkSys SLM2008 (IGMP / Multicast) switch and enabled IGMP snooping.

But ZoneAlarm was blocking the Ports & Address, even after i allowed all the Acronis products access to Ports & Addresses alike.

Been mucking around with it to open all the the ports and addresses, couldn't get it to work even after googleing........

Easier just to shutdown ZA Pro and use the Windows Firewall for that moment that i was deploying......

Now just trying to get this Universal Deploy thing to work, not much on Google about that to, just a bunch of fellow UNHAPPY CUSTOMERS

Hope that helps

JC

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.