Snap Deploy not finding clients

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by kvdv99, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kvdv99

kvdv99 Registered Member

I'm running the Snap Deploy Server on one of our servers, but I'm having trouble picking up the client PCs in the deployment console. The client PCs will boot up, pull IPs from DHCP server, and idle waiting to accept the image. When i press a key to configure the client (you have about 5 seconds to do that after booting) then i can type the IP address of the server and the image will be deployed to the client. However, when i don't do this, the deployment console will NOT show any record of the client being active. In other words, it just doesn't show up!

I can ping both ways. I can ping from the server to the client, and from the client to the server. So there is nothing wrong there.

Please help! :)
    Kris

2. firewall68

firewall68 Registered Member

hello,

i had the same problem with version 2.0 don´t know the relase (from the download). i called the support line and they told me that there is a newer version with more drivers for the nics (had the problem with the HP DC7700 Gigabit NIC´s Intel 85xxx)

the newer release bulid 2.115 understands more NIC drivers.

mike
    firewall68:eek:

3. zgradec

zgradec Registered Member

Sorry,
    where can I find this new version (2.115) for download?
    Tnx

4. fatmosh

fatmosh Registered Member

I was told that multicast needed to be enabled on your local switch so that the Acronis server can propagate the "Look at me!" throughout the switch. Something to try...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.