Snap Deploy error "no boot filename received"

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by adam_jcm, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adam_jcm

adam_jcm Guest

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy on a system that has Intel boot agent v4.1.08, but I always get no boot filename received which I understand to be because of the client having received at least one valid DHCP/BOOTP offer, but does not have a boot filename to download.

Also after this error message appears on the target computer, the PXE server stops and I get a popup saying that the PXE server has to be shutdown.

On the other hand I was able to successfully deploy on another system that user also Intel boot agent but a different version (4.1.10).

I have tried to update the Intel boot agent using proboot but I haven’t been successful, because it has no flash.

Does anyone know how can I fix it??

Thanks,

Adam

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Adam,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

Please accept my apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build (1307) of Acronis Snap Deploy, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/.
    Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem persists, please collect the log files from the computer where Acronis OS Deploy Server is installed.

These log files are located in the following folders:

- Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\FileServer\Logs
    - Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\DeployServer\Logs

Could you please also let us know the information about physical configuration of your network (which devices/hardware is used in this network environment (hubs, switches, routers) and the configuration for multicasting)?

Having collected all the files please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.