Snap deploy can not use TI archive.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MHarmony, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHarmony

MHarmony Registered Member

Hi everyone, I have been using TI Enterprise, I have created images of several computers from the server and stored them on the server. I have verified these images and used some for restoring computers. I know that the images are good. I downloaded Snap Deploy in hopes of using the OS deploy feature, this would allow me to rename and rejoin the computers to the Domain. When I attempt to create a template using one of the archives that I created without using snap deploy, I get a message "the selected file is not an Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console Archive". Now I was under the impression that I would be able to use my Images that I made prior to having Snap Deploy installed. According to the Snap Deploy Manual Page 23 "Acronis Snap Deploy also works with images created in Acronis True Image." Am I misunderstanding something? Am I going to have put the images back on a computers and suck them up using the snap deploy console?

If you guys have any ideas it would be helpful.

Cheers:cool:

I would rather be drinking than working but I have to work to buy the drinks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. MHarmony

MHarmony Registered Member

I am using TI Echo Enterprise. but the answer that you gave me expains everything. When will a compatible versio be available?

Cheers :cool:

I would rather be drinking than working but I have to work to buy the drinks.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MHarmony,

Most likely, the support for images created by Acronis True Image Echo series will be implemented in the next major version of Acronis Snap Deploy. We are sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't defined yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.