snap deploy basics

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by ccarey70, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccarey70

ccarey70 Registered Member

I just bought me a copy of Snap Deploy and I am getting my feet wet with the product. In the past I have used SymantecGhost multicast server and I was expecting Snap Deploy to function the same way.
    A couple of things I am wondering/having trouble with
    1. when booting the machine to be imaged with the bootable cd media, do I need to have anything running on the server/ place I wish to store to image?
    2. what is the difference between the snap deploy agent and the master image creation app? Am I right in assuming that the agent is only for receiving the image and the master creation app is only for creating the image?

In a nutshell what I want to do is this:
    1. Boot machine to be imaged using either bootable cd or pxe( i can succesfully boot using pxe, I have already done it)
    2.use either the snap deploy agent or the master image creation app to send the image to the main snap deploy server over the network. This is the part where I am not sure, which tool do I use?
    3. Be able to boot using either bootable cd or pxe and restore a previously created image on this machine. Again, which tool do i use, snap deploy agent?

thanks in advance

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ccarey70,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

It is not necessary to have any software running on a computer where you wish to store images during the image creation process while booting from Acronis Master Image Creator Bootable CD. You just need to have a shared folder/disk on it.

Acronis Snap Deploy Agent can be managed only by means of Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console running on another (or the same) computer via network. Acronis Master Image Creator can be booted from a CD and does not depensd on Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console. Acronis Snap Deploy Agent also allows you to create an image on a remote computer where it is installed.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.