SMTP relay port specification?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by PwrWhls, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PwrWhls

PwrWhls Registered Member

I started this post after much searching and finally stumbled on my answer (I think). But this still leaves a question that I hope some of you can give recommendations to. Under future changes to Eset....
    "51. Allow the specification of port for smtp mail notification - for example, mail.eset.com:10025. Include SMTP over SSL (standard port 465) for notifications."

I'm currently need to use smtp relay over port 3535 ... which won't work.

So what's the answer. Does anyone have a simple solution?

Here is what I'm thinking. I have a secure connection to a 'server' that all clients can talk to... is their a good smtp/pop3 application you would recommend? I can then just add this to MS outlook as another server to 'pull' email from. I would need the application to run on Windows xp and server.
    I would rather avoid using my ISP email relay (if they don't block it) due to changing ISP's causes work.

NOTE: I believe the above needs to read "mail.eset.com 10025" - no ":" - I could be wrong. I know a command line connection does not use a colon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.