SMTP Notification Variables

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by 0verlord, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0verlord

0verlord Registered Member

Maybe this is a feature request more than anything.

Anyone has been able to figure out how to get the username of the infected computer emailed along with the notification.

KB Solutions ID: SOLN58 shows the available environmental variables, however username is not one of them, they say to use anything available running the SET command. I tried this and my case using %USERNAME% returns "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM"

In a large network with hundred of nodes over 5 servers, a netbios name becomes pretty tedious to track down. Even an IP address would help, as then I would know which subnet i can start looking at.

Thanks.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If a threat is detected by the startup scanner or during a scheduled scan, the %UserName% variable will resolve to "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" as the scans are run in the local system account. If there's an account with full permissions to all folders and registry keys, you could try configuring the ESET kernel service to run under this account instead of LSA, but it's not recommended.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.