Smooth scrolling, Internet Explorer 8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ambient_88, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ambient_88

ambient_88 Registered Member

Hello,

I've been using IE 8 for several days now, and I think it's a really good browser--definitely much better than IE 7. I've got an issue with the scrolling, however. By default, smooth scrolling is turned on; however, it is not so smooth all the time (ie. it's choppy more often than I'd like it to). Does anyone know if there's a way to improve this? If possible, I'd like it to smooth scroll like in Opera (or Firefox with Yet Another Smooth Scrolling addon).

Thanks!

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Right now IE8 smooth scrolling seems pretty good for me, however, I do remember on a site or two it was kinda choppy. It may have something to do with the site load and content etc. I love Opera's scrolling, wish it were like that all the time. I don't think it can be adjusted in any way in IE, Firefox you can, but we're probably stuck with how it is, either on, or off.

3. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

If you're able to adjust hw settings you might have yourself a fix. More mentions with persistence.

"I forgot to mention that one of the first 'issues' I had with IE8 was with scrolling. I use the Logitech VX Nano and the Setpoint soft that comes with it. Scrolling was choppy and quite irritating. After checking at a few other places, I understand there's a problem with Setpoint and IE. I uninstalled Setpoint and used the native (Vista) mouse settings. Things are much smoother now though I wish Setpoint would work for I'm now with out a mouse battery meter."

3-22-09 - http://forum.notebookreview.com/showpost.php?p=4659771&postcount=15

4. L815

L815 Guest

No one seems to do smooth scrolling as well as Opera.

With that being said, I don't know how to improve it in IE. It's also pretty bad in Firefox.

Best to just turn it off. Makes things feel quicker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.