Smiley Central

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by AZZKIKR1, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZZKIKR1

AZZKIKR1 Registered Member

Okay, yes I know this has spyware. I do NOT want it anywhere near my computer. Here's my problem though! I convinced my girlfriend that NOD32 was the way to go. She installed it and she seemed very happy with it UNTIL...She went to get her precious Smiley Central. Look, I know the problem with this thing but she insists that she has it! HOW do I get NOD32 to allow it to be downloaded and used? I know I know I know.....But my life will be a WHOLE lot better if she has her Smiley Central! Can anyone help?

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Go to www.mess.be to find alternatives to using different smiley's if she is using msn messenger. To allow the download, simply stop the internet monitor and\or close the whole NOD32 interface, install it and turn it back on. This is highly not recommended though!

dja2k

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Ha ha. I know what you mean about your life being better if your girlfriend has her Smiley Central back! ;) Here is what I would try:

Go into IMON --> Setup --> Miscellaneous --> Scanner --> Setup -> uncheck Adware/Spyware/Riskware. This should allow you to download the installation program. Do not download it yet, however.

Go into AMON --> Setup --> Options --> uncheck Adware/Spyware/Riskware. This will stop NOD32 from rejecting the Smiley Central files.

Now go ahead and download Smiley Central and install it :blink: . Make note of the locations of the files it installs. I do not know enough about the particulars of where it installs to give you specific directions here. However, you may be able to go into AMON --> Setup --> Exclusions and tell NOD32 to ignore certain files or folders associated with Smiley Central.

Once you have done this, try reenabling the AMON and IMON Adware/Spyware/Riskware detection. The AMON exclusions may be enough to let NOD32 ignore Smiley Central.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.