Smiley Central question

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by GuardianofNight, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuardianofNight

GuardianofNight Registered Member

Hi everyone, I was wondering if a program called Smiley Central from www. smileycentral.com is safe or not... my friend wants me to download this and I heard nothing but bad about My Web Search toolbar which is installed when you install the Smiley Central software. I hear it hijacks your web browser, etc... but my brother and sister have had it on each of their computers for quite a long time and really notice nothing wrong.

But I thought to check... thanks :),

~ GuardianofNight

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
  2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Smileycentral seems to be related to Funwebproducts. And I don't like that very much. See this article

3. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Smiley Central is a piece of malware IMHO. If you or your friends install this piece of malicious software, you're gonna regret it.STAY AWAY from this software, its malicious.

Wolf in sheep's clothing.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Choice between security and fun very hard to remove.
    Do the scans with SpybotS&D and others mentioned often in the forums overhere and you know what we're talking about.

5. GuardianofNight

GuardianofNight Registered Member

I ran Spy Sweeper and I seen exactly what you all are saying. It caught alot of things related to Smiley Central like "iWon" things.

I deleted the smiley central program and the things that Spy Sweeper found.

Thanks so much everyone! :)

6. HELPME!

HELPME! Guest

OK MY SISTER DOWNLOADED THIS OR SOMETHING.... I READ WHAT IT SAYS TO GET RID OF IT AND THE STUFF ISN'T THERE!!!! I HATE THIS PROGRAM AND I THINK IT NEEDS TO DIE. NOW I WILL BE DOING SOMETHING ON MY COMPTUER AND THIS ADD FOR IT COMES UP AND MY FIRE WALL AND SPYWARE DETECTOR GOES CRAZY!!! PLUS IF YOU THINK THAT IS ENOUGH IT MESSES UP MY AIM AND MSN....TELL ME WHY!!

*PS IF YOU SEE AN AD FOR THIS APPLICATION "DON'T CLICK IT IT WILL MESS STUFF UP AND PROBALLY HAS SPYWARE"

help me if you can and who ever made this program U SUCK >:O

7. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi HELPME!,

You can find information and removal instructions for 'Smiley Central' along with removal instructions for other 'FunWebProducts' here: Fun Web Products Smiley Central Removal Instructions and Help

I would suggest you follow up with posting a HijackThis log at one of the forums that offer Hijackthis log review and spyware removal. They will advise you on what needs to be fixed, and also walk you through the required steps until your system is clean. A list of sites can be found here: ASAP (Please note that we no longer offer HijackThis log review here at Wilders)

Whichever site you choose to post your log at, please be sure and read their FAQ's and log posting requirements before you post your hijackthis log, as many have specific instructions that must be followed before a log will be reviewed.

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.