Smart Security network issue

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Drifter104, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifter104

Drifter104 Registered Member

I've had this problem on 2 different networks with 2 different configurations (Domain/Workgroup) where the only common software is eset smart security 4.0 both networks were eset nod32 upgraded to smart security with nod32 manual uninstalled

Some details of each network

Network A.

6x PC (All XP sp3) (All Smart security 4.0)
    1x Server SBS2003 (NOD32 AV 4.0)
    Windows Domain all PC joined to domain
    PUSH install of Smart security using eset server and remote console

Network B.

8x PC (All XP some SP2 some SP3) (All Smart security)
    1x Server 2K3 (NOD32 AV 4.0)
    Windows workgroup all pc in same workgroup
    Smart Security installed maunally but then pointed back to server to manage.

On both networks at exactly 4.01pm each day I get a master browser election triggered where at least 1 pc will challenge to be master browser. I also get a DCOM error on the server at the same time, when this happens all users get disconnected from the server and have to reboot their machines this happens on both networks

After resolving the master browser by changing some reg keys, I still get the dcom error. While trying to resolve this I asked each user on the network A to turn off the firewall (right click system tray and disable network filtering) this seemed to work as the network (network A) did not go down. I then asked them to try the same thing the next day and 1 user forgot to do it and they were the only 1 to get disconnected from the network at 4:01pm

I've disabled the firewall by pushing out a new configuration to each client and this has stopped the network disconnections.

I would like to have the firewall working obviously but I can't have the network going down each day.

Any suggestions, or more information needed just say.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you place your network in Trusted zone in ESS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.