smart security does not detect antivirus soft??

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mr big, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr big

mr big Registered Member

I am running smart security. My computer was infected by a program called antivirus soft. Smart security does not recognize it or remove it. It seems to be a fake antivirus program that takes over your computer and wants you to pay to remove it.

Do I need to manually download the latest update or what procedure do I need to use to remove this.

Will smart security remove this?

Here is a link I found about the problem,

http://www.geekpolice.net/malware-r...emove-antivirus-soft-removal-guide-t18839.htm

Thank You

2. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please make sure that you have the latest signature db version 4869 installed. If the threat is still not detected, submit it to ESET per the instructions here.

You can also try the ESET Rogue Cleaner downloadable from here.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

One post removed. Please note that this is the ESET support forum and an ESET moderator is assisting in this thread now.

5. tactful

tactful Registered Member

might you have meant db 4887? that's what 4.0.474.0 is up to now.
    that being said just saw another phony you have trojans program that tells you to download something to get rid of it/them that listed thouands of them on the system I think not or ESET and MBAM(have paid version),win defender,etc would have let someone know or quarantined or killed them.simple solution reboot.looked at mbam log nothing so we know it's false.just updated to 4888 by itself :)
    oh and ESET Is an AV too w/firewall

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.