Smart Security cuts conection to sql server off!!!

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by yairsaumeth, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yairsaumeth

yairsaumeth Registered Member

Good morning, afternoon, evening.
    I have a little big problem with SS 3 and now 4, because i updated. We have an administrative program called Saint and it works with MSSQL. The problem is that when the program is idle for about 5 to 7 mins, the connection is terminated, therefore the user has to shut and restart the program. I know the firewall is doing this beacuse when disabled the connection remains alive at all times. I have set the firewall to interactive, automatic, automatic with rules and no success. I know ESET SS is the best antivirus ever, that's why i want to resolve this issue and still use ESET products.

Is there a way to shutdown this idle-cut-off function? or any other solution.

Thank you for any help provided.

2. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

which ESS version do you use ? if you use version 3 try to upgrade to version 4 which has new option to keep idle connection so it wont be dropped.

3. yairsaumeth

thank you cupez80 for attending my help call.
    I had this issue with ver 3 and now that i have ver 4.0.314.0, still have the problem. I did upgrade.
    i need to know what configurable parameter controls that function. thank you.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

See if the screenshot helps.

Attached Files:

5. yairsaumeth

ronjor, thank you also for the response.
    i will most certainly try the new apporach, hopefully this will fix it. futurely i will announce you guys about the outcome of this.
    thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.