Smart Phone Recommendation

Discussion in 'hardware' started by TheKid7, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I am thinking about finally getting a Smart Phone. What are your recommendations for a Smart Phone?

I saw one Ranking that went like this:

#1: Samsung Galaxy S2:

#2: Apple iPhone 4S:

#3: Samsung Galaxy Nexus:

Does the above Ranking look accurate?

Thanks in Advance.

2. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

i know there is a lot of android love on this forum but i will speak my mind anyway. my colleague and i used to have the galaxy s2 and we were highly dissapointed by it, the sluggish user interface (compared to ios) and amazingly bad battery life (compared to iphone4) and lack of quality apps compared to the app store made us jump ship and get the iphone 4 (decided against iphone 4S and got an iphone 4 because there is not much difference between the 2 except price.
    but i am sure you will have alot of people reply to this and say that android is the best, maybe to them, maybe to you too. maybe apples been smashing records and consistently has the highest consumer satisfaction results because people are stupid :) . maybe i am stupid too :)

try them all out if you can and choose what suits YOU best

3. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

The first choice should be the OS (Android, Apple, Windows), not the phone. Also, check gsmarena.com, it is a good site to compare phones.

4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

i recommend you to see thi site lot of reviews and pro cros of each phone

http://www.phonearena.com

i bought samsung but phone was second hand cheated some how i manage to change and buy

new phone sony arc which cost me little more but end i am pretty happy with that phone awesome phone only one drawback no default good player for that i install mobo player everything run rest camera ....etc best :))

just make sure buy from original vender

samsung nexus and samgalaxy and between iphone i suggest you iphone

or you can check sony phones as well

when i bought it i love sony more phone was shocking awesome for me

i have this phone

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Sony-Ericsson-Xperia-arc_id5016

check all detail about your phone review .....etc then make your mind :)

iphone

you can compair them there lot of links

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Apple-iPhone-4S_id5257

my sister have it Apple-iPhone good phone :))

i didnt use it so cant say much about it :D

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

As everything in the electronic gadgets, first you should think about your budget and then start considering options, unless you have a very high budget then go for the best! :D
    I would recommend you going to cellphone stores and try them out first. ;)

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

This. ^^^
    I can say that I have dropped Android for Windows Phone and would not go back. The Lumia 900 is an excellent device but it is all a matter of opinion as to what OS you prefer.

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

If he talks a lot then the Note would be too HUGE! :rolleyes: :D :D

9. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Firstly there is a hge difference between iphone 4 and 4s
    secondly as stated above u should first decide which os u prefer - android , ios or windows
    thirdly android doesnt have enough quality apps like ios ? is that a joke ??
    and sluggish interface that too in S2 ? give me a break !! u find touchwiz u can change launcher anytime u want
    The only thing is S2 has a poor battery life [ i own it and know it ] this is the only sad part i have found for S2

If u want a phone with bare functionality , hardly any customization but just a brand name then iphone 4s
    If u want a phone with all the functionality , customization , fm , bluetooth , sd card support then S2

And i will change ur ranking accordingly

1. Samsung galaxy S3 - Will be available by may 29 [the internation version ] if u r in the US then u have to wait longer
    2. Samsung galaxy S2 - Still the best selling android phone
    3.Samsung galaxy nexus - if u want pure google experience though i prefer samsung experience
    4.Iphone 4s

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

lol.....okay my vote goes to galaxy s3......you gotta wait...but it's the real deal.....it's simply awesome....

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I was just saying, the Galaxy Note is good, but i've seen it in real life :p
    Not adecuate if you like to talk a lot HAHAHA, it's a tablet sized phone :D :D

12. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I've used a heap of different phones over the years however my current phone the iPhone 4S has definitely been the best one so far. Fantastic OS, huge selection of apps, easy access to movies and music (although overpriced imo), good camera, great audio quality, decent battery life. What sealed the deal for me was the 64gb model, i love my music and movies and being able to carry all that on my phone is awesome. Plus i have smallish hands so the iphones small size fits me well. On the downside apple does restrict what you can do with the phone which can be annoying like no support for adobe flash and the inability to customize the OS.
    Before the iphone 4s i owned a galaxy s2 and that was also a great phone. The super amoled plus screen was simply amazing for watching movies and the openness of android makes it very fun to use and customize. Sadly it was just a bit too big for me. The upcoming galaxy s3 will be amazing however its even bigger than the s2.
    I played with the galaxy nexus in store and its 720p screen is amazing however it is a fairly big phone also. It also doesnt have any expandable memory which turned me right off it as its only available here in the 16gb size which is too small imo.

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  13. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

yeah I know...it's got 5 inch screen......but hey if you want between a smartphone and a tablet then that's what Note is......

14. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

as for the Kid......here's the specs of my 3 recommendations:

Samsung Galaxy S3

Screen size:
    4.8 inch

Processor:
    1.4 Ghz quad-core

Memory size:
    Up to 32gb (+64gb with card)

Operating system:
    Android Ice Cream Sandwich

Camera:
    Eight megapixel

Weight:
    133grams

Dimensions:
    Height - 136mm
    Width - 70mm
    Depth - 8.5mm

Battery:
    2100mAh

HTC One X

Screen size:
    4.7 inch

Processor:
    1.5Ghz quad-core

Memory size:
    32GB (non-expandable)

Operating system:
    Android Ice Cream Sandwich

Camera:
    Eight megapixel

Weight:
    130grams

Dimensions:
    Height - 134mm
    Width - 69mm
    Depth - 8.9mm

Battery:
    1800mAh

iPhone 4s

Screen size:
    3.5 inch

Processor:
    800 MHz dual-core

Memory size:
    Up to 64gb (non-expandable)

Operating system:
    iOS

Camera:
    Eight megapixel

Weight:
    140grams

Dimensions:
    Height - 115mm
    Width - 58mm
    Depth - 9mm

Battery:
    1432mAh

15. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

here's some things about galaxy s3:

It's got voice control system is called S Voice - and allows access to weather forecasts, web searches and scheduling, similar to iPhone’s Siri system.
    Saying 'I want to take a picture' launches the camera application - and will work in eight languages at launch.

It has a large 4.8-inch Super AMOLED screen running a resolution of 1280 x 720p - far bigger than Apple’s iPhone.

The S3 is powered by a quad-core processor - similar to the ones found in many laptops, and far more powerful than the dual core found in the iPhone.

It also includes an NFC chip - near-field-communications - allowing users to share content such as video by tapping phones together.

A separate wireless charging kit allows you to charge the phone without hooking it up to the socket.

Its on-device encryption will allow secure emails working within business networks - catering for the new trend for businesses allowing employees to 'bring their own' smartphones rather than using company phones.

The NFC chip will also be used for tap-to-pay mobile payments, in partnership with Visa, with a 'virtual wallet' on the device making payment simple.

A new feature called ‘Pop up Play’ enables multitasking - so that you can, for instance, put a video in a window on screen, then use other apps with the rest of the screen. This sort of feature was previously the province of Windows or Mac machines, rather than phones.

The camera can also burst-shoot at speeds of up to 20 frames per second. The camera also automatically zooms in on faces by double-tapping the screen and a ‘best-shot’ mode auto-selects the best out of the burst. The phone’s front camera can also shoot in HD - still rare in smartphones.

Sharing photos with friends is also speeded up by face-recognition technology - which offers to 'share' photos with any friends detected in a photo using hi-tech face recognition, sharing either by text message or email, with a bubble popping up over each person's face with the option to send the photo to them.

So you should definitely consider galaxy s3.

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I wanted the S3 to have some kind of next gen processors (Cortex A15, Mali T-604). But it was just another quad core A9. :thumbd: :rolleyes:

17. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

yeah pretty lame.......but hey at least it's got the one of the best processors among the smartphones.....

18. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I dont mean to make a flame war (it usually tends to go there when talking about Apple vs anything else stuff ;) ) Just giving my POW.

I have had iPhone 3.2 for a year (my first smart phone) I never came to be friends with iTunes or not using .mp3s as mobile signals for sms or ringer. And whats up with that you can only install your phone on 3(?) computers or reinstall´s of windows OS?!
    Didnt like having to use iTunes to do stuff on my phone. So I got an Android (HTC Sensation XL) a couple of months ago, and I never looked back. So much more freedom. Personally i prefer Android based smart phones for that reason. If you dont have problems with Apple´s policy to lock you in to their way of thinking iPhone is not bad. If you use a MAC computer I guess it is even better since it probably is well integrated into the OS.

19. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

S3 has gotten pretty mixed ratings - some are very happy like me some are very sad
    True it could have been a better phone but that is true for any phone that comes out
    People who are not happy with S3 are considering HTC One X so u can see that phone too
    And as mentioned above by two iLol users - they are happy with android and apple has too much restriction on their phone not to mention pricey

Also many above have stated the specs of S3 but no one mentioned the awesome accesories goin to come separately with S3
    Wireless charging kit is what i am most interested in
    Then there is pebble player , allshare , and much more

20. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Duh!.......

21. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Eh..missed it :p

22. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

:D .......so what's your if you like verdict on galaxy s3 and iphone 4s?

23. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

I will never select any apple product - See my avatar :D

24. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

I like most of the reviews I have seen so far for the Galaxy S3. The Samsung Galaxy series has become the Rolls Royce of smartphones. The HTC One looks intriguing. I like everything about my HTC Inspire except for the battery life (one day or less usage) and the speakerphone (sound quality so poor its almost unusable). If all else works as good as my HTC Inspire and those two problems don't apply to the HTC One then I would weigh heavily in making it my next upgrade.

The only reason I would recommend an iPhone 4s is if you already have or plan to purchase iPhone accessories that work with it or if you are already heavily invested in Apple products that integrate with it. Otherwise if I was going to get an iPhone I would probably wait to see the iPhone 5 when it is released in early Fall.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  25. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

LOL. :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.