Small bug

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by IcePanther, Apr 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcePanther

IcePanther Registered Member

Hi,

I'm still testing ESS, and am very happy with the speed it provides, network wise and system wise. However, the egui.exe process just hung on me, when I tried to click on the Protection status -> Antivirus protection link, in Advanced mode. I had to manually restart egui.exe. I know that protection still was on, since ekrn.exe was still on, however, this is probably a bug since I don't see why egui.exe should quit like that. Moreover, the process should, in my opinion, restart itself and/or warn it was terminated.

2. IcePanther

Another bug:

I tried to kill ESS service (ekrn.exe) via task manager, and the computer completely hanged. It should deny ekrn.exe termination, but without hanging the system...

3. Najmi

Najmi Registered Member

you cannot kill the process

4. IcePanther

Nnnyeeesss....

I know I shouldn't be able to. But, as I said, the problem is not that the process isn't terminated (what it should do) but when I attempt to terminate it (I know I should not normally do this, but hey, it's a beta, we're here to test) the computer completely freezes. Normally, it should (for instance, as KIS do, or SSM, or many others) tell me "access denied" and deny me procss termination, and NOT freeze my computer. Hence the bug.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No problems here, please PM the exact instructions as how to reproduce it along with the information about the operating system you use.

6. IcePanther

Windows XP Home SP2

I just selected ekrn.exe in the task manager and clicked on the button to terminate the process. Firefox was open and the ESS GUI was, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.