Slow Network/Internet with V4

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ShaneR34, Sep 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneR34

ShaneR34 Registered Member

I had uninstalled V4 quite sometime ago when it had problems with Vista SP2.

As I just renewed my license (and a new one for another system) I thought I'd try V4 again.

I immediately noticed a slow down in local network and internet speeds. After looking at some other settings, I rolled back to V3 and everything is back to normals.

Installs/uninstalls were done cleanly.

What I found strange is disabling V4 did not solve it. Only cleanly uninstalling and going back to V3 cured the problem.

Is there some setting in V4 that I overlooked?

Since I'm on V3 and everything is working fine, am I giving up much by staying here?

2. get_it

get_it Registered Member

If you open the main GUI (double click eset nod32 tray icon) and press F5 to enter setup, then look for "Web access protection" expand, and then go into "HTTP, HTTPS" under there you will find "Web browsers".

Try putting a cross in the box next to the application in which you are experiencing slow network speeds. For instance your default web browser. You can attain a red cross by clicking on the box twice.

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have it on 3 computers now and all are quicker with V4 then any other product, so , it comes down to maybe not Eset. What if any, other security products do you run. What bworser, what type of internet connection. I am really trying to help because on 2-HPs and 1-Dell it isnt a issue.

4. ShaneR34

ShaneR34 Registered Member

Thanks for the replies, guys.

No other security products are running other than Vista's firewall. And the slow down was seen across the board with all browsers (Chrome was worse than the others, though) and network applications.

Version 3 runs perfect on this system, so unless I'm giving up a lot by not running V4, I'll probably stay with 3.

I looked at quite a bit yesterday, but couldn't solve the problem.

Thanks.

5. NSantos

NSantos Registered Member

The problem is that starting with Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and Windows Server 2008 including Windows 7, the new Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) architecture is used to check network communication. Since the WFP technology uses special monitoring techniques, the Browsers section is no longer available.

In this case how do we change it?

Nuno

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i use v3, the only difference i can see is a start up scan (not needed because smart monitors in real time, ie anything launching will be picked up, a scan after updating, see previous) self protection, sysinspector and learning mode on the firewall.
    on my intel and amd systems, both 3 gz quads v3 is slightly faster maybe to the human eye but certainly in benchmarking/ monitoring software.
    i cannot justify the difference.
    v4 is probably the faster security solution on the market, but v3 is quicker and IMHO is good enough.

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No how . No way .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.