Slow connection...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Comp01, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

I am using dialup, and have a brand new Motorola SM56 Speakerphone modem, however, I am connecting rather slow, Windows 2000 says I am connecting at 45k most of the time, however, if I look in the Motorola Properties program/contorl panel, it says 45333 BPS, and slowly lowers down to 28800 BPS, I cannot figure out why it is doing it, Its not the number (I've tried all 3 in my area) the maximum modem speed in BPS is set to 57600 (I've set it higher, and lower, but doesn't help...) heres a screenshot of the Motorola properties

Attached Files:

2. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear Comp01, looks like you're using a bad dial-up service. configure to connect at THIS speed only. configure to connect at the highest speed and if you see any connection instability then lower your connection speed and get a optimum solution. also contact your ISP to report this issue. probably they are going through a bad patch or there is a bottleneck in the connection.

3. Comp01

Comp01 Registered Member

There is no "Only Connect At This Speed" option on my PC, however, my settings are set at max, sometimes it works fine, others it does not, its not my ISP as 2 other Computer in my house can connect faster, however, this is my main PC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.