slotch.com toolbar removal

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by peachez510, Jun 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peachez510

peachez510 Registered Member

Hi,

Whenenver I open up my browser, it automatically takes me to slotch.com even though I've reset my homepage to yahoo.com or msn.com under "Internet Options." Also, whenever I reboot my PC, it wants to take me into Safemode. Lastly, I've also run Norton 2004 on my PC, but there are about a dozen or so adware files that it is unable to delete. I've ran Ad-Aware 6 in conjunction with HiJackThis and the following is my log:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
    Scan saved at 4:45:45 PM, on 6/27/2004
    Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\wuauclt.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\pctspk.exe
    C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\backWeb-8876480.exe
    C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\nyjprld.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
    C:\Program Files\VVSN\VVSN.exe
    C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~2\POPUPS~1.EXE
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe
    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\WINWORD.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\msiexec.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsiExec.exe

O2 - BHO: CCHelper - {0CF0B8EE-6596-11D5-A98E-0003470BB48E} - C:\Program Files\Panicware\Pop-Up Stopper Companion\CCHelper.dll
    O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
    O3 - Toolbar: Pop-Up Stopper &Companion - {8F05B1A8-9D77-4B8F-AF54-6B2202066F95} - C:\Program Files\Panicware\Pop-Up Stopper Companion\popupus.dll
    O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTVOICE] pctspk.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EM_EXEC] C:\PROGRA~1\Logitech\MOUSEW~1\SYSTEM\EM_EXEC.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\backWeb-8876480.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RealTray] C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\RealPlay.exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xokyzq] C:\WINDOWS\System32\nyjprld.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VVSN] C:\Program Files\VVSN\VVSN.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BackWeb-8876480.exe
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperProfessional] "C:\PROGRA~1\PANICW~1\POP-UP~2\POPUPS~1.EXE"
    O4 - Global Startup: Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\LDMConf.exe
    O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
    O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
    O9 - Extra button: AIM (HKLM)
    O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
    O16 - DPF: Toki Toki Boom - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/vtn_x.cab
    O16 - DPF: {10000000-1000-0000-1000-000000000000} - file://C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\setup.exe
    O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{1CD3328A-7483-466A-98E6-9AA90CA03039}: NameServer = 164.67.128.1 164.67.128.2

If you can tell me what to remove in my registry, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your help.

2. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

hi
    first create a new folder in your programs files directory, rename it to hijackthis and move hijackthis.exe there..
    your program files directory will be littered with hjt backups if you run it from there

close all windows except hijackthis, tick the boxes next to these lines and click FIX:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\backWeb-8876480.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [xokyzq] C:\WINDOWS\System32\nyjprld.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VVSN] C:\Program Files\VVSN\VVSN.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [LDM] C:\Program Files\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BackWeb-8876480.exe

O16 - DPF: Toki Toki Boom - http://download.games.yahoo.com/gam...nts/y/vtn_x.cab

O16 - DPF: {10000000-1000-0000-1000-000000000000} - file://C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\setup.exe

then do another scan with adaware and spybot, but follow these instructions:

2. Go to Start > Programs > Lavasoft and click on AdAware 6 to open the program

3. Look at the icons on the top right of the page and click on the ‘world’ and let AdAware update the spyware reference list

4. Once the update is finished click on the ‘Gear’ icon (second from the left) to access the preferences/settings window

1. In the ‘General’ window make sure the following are selected:
    · Automatically save log-file
    · Automatically quarantine objects prior to removal
    · Safe Mode (always request confirmation)

2. Click on the ‘Scanning’ button on the left and select :
    · Scan Within Archives
    · Scan Active Processes
    · Scan Registry
    · Deep Scan Registry
    · Scan my IE favorites for banned URL’s
    · Scan my Hosts file
    · Under ‘Click here to select drives + folders’, choose:
    · All of your hard drives

3. Click on the ‘Advanced’ button on the left and select:
    · Include additional process information
    · Include additional file information
    · Include environment information
    · Include additional object details

4. Click the ‘Tweak’ button and select:
    · Under the ‘Scanning Engine’:
    · Unload recognized processes during scanning
    · Include basic Ad-aware settings in logfile
    · Include additional Ad-aware settings in logfile
    · Under the ‘Cleaning Engine’:
    · Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot

5. Click on ‘Proceed’ to save the settings.

6. Click ‘Start’ and on the next screen choose ‘Activate in-depth Scan’ at the bottom of the page and then choose:
    · Use Custom Scanning Options

7. Click ‘Next’ and AdAware will scan your hard drive(s) with the options you have selected.

8. Save the log file when it asks and then click ‘finish’

9. REBOOT
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY

1. Next, download and install Spybot Search and Destroy .

2. Go to Start > Programs >Spybot - Search & Destroy and choose ‘Spybot S&D - easy mode’

3. Close ALL windows except Spybot S&D

4. Click the button to ‘Search for Updates’ and download and install the Updates.

5. Next click the button ‘Check for Problems’

6. When Spybot is complete, it will be showing ‘RED’ entries ‘BLACK’ entries and ‘GREEN’ entries in the window

7. Put a check mark beside the RED entries ONLY.

8. Choose ‘Fix Selected Problems’ and allow Spybot to fix the RED entries.

9. REBOOT

you might want to do another scan with your (updated) anti virus too
    reboot into safe mode and scan with it

post a fresh log when done

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.