SlimCleaner Beta 4.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DBone, Aug 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBone

DBone Registered Member

All there for me. Did you do a restore from slimCleaner's restore menu? It saves a backup each time.

2. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

hi:

nah no need to restore because I had comodo time machine installed at the time and reverting to a snapshot fixed it. Anyway maybe in the future I may try it again. Right now I on linux mint and love bleachbit on it.

3. PC_Fiddler

PC_Fiddler Registered Member

Well it's fine having cloud advice regarding Windows services & start up's but it seems just about anyone can give their opinions good or not so good & this system is open to abuse maybe :isay:

The program is OK if you know what you are doing & have full & frequent images, registry back-up's are fine with a booting PC, I have seen reg cleaners render a PC none bootable though. But it's not for me as I prefer a more manual approach fiddling with Windows & have reservations about the actual value of such programs - But as always each to their own.

4. mattbiernat

mattbiernat Registered Member

Yeah, I would never use something like SlimCleaner for registry. The only program I truely trust with registry is CCleaner, everything else from my experience has caused problems.
    Now, I've been using SlimCleaner for almost 4 weeks and no trouble at all. Cleans more than CCleaner. Seems to remove as much crap as CCleaner + Total File Cleaner put together. I just wish the UI was like CCleaner and not some fancy pictures.

5. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.