Slim Utilties?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hezakiah, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

Anyone have any experience with this software? Is it safe to use?
    Does it do what it's supposed to do? Thanks.

2. kyuzo

kyuzo Registered Member

I had good use of Slim Utilities when I had it installed. It found more items to clean than CCleaner (and none of the cleaning ever adversely affected my computer), and one nice thing about it was that as I installed programs, it would automatically add them to its cleaning agenda if they warranted cleaning. I thought its registry cleaner was somewhat lacking, but then again that might be a good thing. One must take the community recommendations with a bit of care before using their advice in removing startup items or permanently deleting items. I found several cases where the community description of the item was incorrect, and removing that item would have caused a loss of functionality for an important program. Also, it often recommended incorrect program updates for some of my installed programs (perhaps due to the various program's originators using confusing revision numbering). Still overall I got good service from Slim.

I must say, however, that I didn't care for the whole "calling back to home base" every time the program starts, but then again that's its major card to play in the cleaner game.

Hope this helped!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.