Slave HDD not recognised

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by strawballs, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawballs

strawballs Registered Member

I have TI10 and when I try making a backup of my master HDD to my Slave HDD it tells me that I will not be able to use the backup with recovery media is there something that I am doing wrong?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Do you have a dynamic disk or disks? TI doesn't support them (server version might? ? ? ).

3. strawballs

When I looked in disc management it did come up as dynamic, what makes it dynamic? it is just an IDE as a slave on the same ribbon as the master which comes up as Basic.o_O

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Whether a HDD is dynamic or static is determined when you format the disk. Also, you can change static disk to dynamic. You can also change a dynamic to stic but if you've used compression or the RAID-like features, those won't translate back.

To make the changes, you right click My computer, select Manage, select Disk Management.

Win help offers this info:
    "
    To change a dynamic disk back to a basic disk
    Using the Windows interface

Back up or move all volumes on the disk you want to convert from dynamic to basic.
    For more information about backing up volumes, click Related Topics.

Open Computer Management (Local).
    In the console tree, click Disk Management.

Computer Management (Local)
    Storage
    Disk Management

Right-click the dynamic disk you want to convert to a basic disk, and then click Delete Volume for each volume on the disk.
    When all volumes on the disk have been deleted, right-click the disk, and then click Convert To Basic Disk.
    Notes

To open Computer Management, click Start, and then click Control Panel. Click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
    You must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group in order to complete this procedure. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings might also prevent you from completing this procedure.
    The disk must be empty before you can change it back to a basic disk. If you want to keep your data, back it up or move it to another volume before you convert the disk to a basic disk.
    Once you change a dynamic disk back to a basic disk, you can create only partitions and logical drives on that disk. "

5. strawballs

Sorry for the delay in responding but will try this and get back to say how it goes.

6. strawballs

Thanks shieber worked a treat I then made back up and verified it no problem.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.