Skype malware

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by koentin, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koentin

koentin Registered Member

Probably this forum is not the place for posting this but I hope somebody can help me by telling me where to post for this matter.
    I have Smart security v4. Windows XP SP3 fully updated.
    Yesterday received file on Skype from a friend.File name was something like
    YOUR-MOTHER-NAKED-hahahaha.pif". After downloading and executing it message from Eset appeared informing that malware was detected and conection was terminated.

Here is the log which I edited a ltle bit to avoid the link to mallware website
    -24/01/2009 00:34:50 HTTP filter file fwt.txdnl.com/6-10/d/i/dial100/wmserv.exe Win32/Dialer.NGB trojan connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE.
    23/01/2009 23:30:24 HTTP filter file fwt.txdnl.com/6-10/d/i/dial100/wmserv.exe Win32/Dialer.NGB trojan connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE.
    23/01/2009 23:26:08 HTTP filter file fwt.txdnl.com/6-10/d/i/dial100/wmserv.exe Win32/Dialer.NGB trojan connection terminated - quarantined Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE.

I did some research with google by typing: your mama naked skype malware and found some info but it looks like there is no cure for this yet.
    Now every time I start skype a message appears within 5min sayng that Skype can not send files to more than 50 recipients at one time(I have more than 70 contacts in Skype).Also checked the temporary folder and found some 123.exe type files and also your mama naked shortcut to MS Dos programe.Apart from this my PC is behaving ok and nothing strange noticed yet.
    Somebody help please.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  2. Novicex

Novicex Registered Member

"Yesterday received file on Skype from a friend.File name was something like
    YOUR-MOTHER-NAKED-hahahaha.pif". After downloading and executing it..."

You're the man:D:thumb: I have some trojans on my pc, can send them to you if you want? Joke:blink:

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Download ESET SysInspector, create a log. Then send it to support("at")eset[dot]com with this threads URL in the subject.

4. koentin

koentin Registered Member

Novicex I agree with you,I usualy dont bother accepting this type of files but this one was sent to me more than once so I decided that a friend wants me to check it out.

Anyway,minutes after I sent the first post, the signiture data base of Eset smart security was updated.I did PC scan an my problem is resolved.
    :cool: :) :) Eset rocks..:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.