Skype Help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TONPumper, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TONPumper

TONPumper Registered Member

I'm trying to reinstall Skype with the default settings, but when I uninstall and reinstall it, Skype loads my old settings. How do I stop it from doing this?

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Maybe do as per here, skipping point 8?

HTH

philby

3. jnthn

jnthn Registered Member

Delete Skype's application data folder to reset skype settings. No need to uninstall/reinstall.

4. TONPumper

Thanks. Maybe I should have asked this: Skype is giving me a error whenever I try to edit my settings that says, "Invalid port." If I erase all of the settings and reinstall it, will that fix my problem?

5. TONPumper

Okay, all is well. Funky things happen to my computer when I go home. I think it's because I don't have internet, so I use the neighbor's wireless, but lately their connection has been acting funny. When I went to use my computer, it froze upon wake up. I did a hard reboot and when the computer turned on, my desktop icons were rearranged and I couldn't edit my Skype settings because it had deleted my port number. o_O

However, I think I'm back in business. Thanks for the replies! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.