Skype 5.0 0.152 - Final

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AvinashR, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Skype is the next phenomenon from the people who brought you KaZaA. Just like KaZaA, Skype uses P2P (peer-to-peer) technology to connect you to other users – not to share files this time, but to talk and chat with your friends. The technology is extremely advanced – but super simple to use... You’ll be making free phone calls to your friends in no time!

Homepage:- http://www.skype.com

Downlaod:- --http://download.skype.com/SkypeSetupFull.exe--

2. guest

guest Guest

Thanks for the information and link. :thumb:

Sadly they seem to always have to annoy their users with new 'features' that nobody wants. :rolleyes: - 'Skype Home' permanent advertising, ugly enough. :blink:

But what is the reason for this stupid change? Why do I now see a big window with the profile picture of my (audio) dialog partner that covers the whole screen and can't be turned off? Who requested such nonsense?! Even in it's smallest form it takes away precious screen space! WTH? - Are they imbecile? o_O

Sometimes I want to speak to someone *and* write him at the same time. Now the space for the text field is very, very limited in that case. :mad: I really wonder what v6 some day will bring for new *exciting* (blood pressure only!) changes! :thumbd:

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Oh, and let's not forget, Facebook just HAD to invade Skype too.

4. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

Thanks AvinashR for update and link :)

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

6. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ JRViejo

Never knew there was a Skype Portable version, until now. I don't use it but know a few people that do, so thanks for the link :thumb:

I'm very suprised a PV is even possible with things like Skype, as i "thought" they needed to install Drivers/Services etc, obviously not :D

I also noticed a PV of LogMeIn, which again same as above !

7. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I was ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ when I noticed for the first time since using Skype that a lot of our information is public that we can't change to private.

People should ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ about this!

If there was truly a better alternative I'd be there and so with many others...

SoftwareKillingYourPersonalExperience! :thumbd:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.