Size of snapshot ??????

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by RogerNL, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leapfrog Software

Leapfrog Software Leapfrog Management

I agree, I would like to know where the manual is confusing as well. I realize that we paint a single scenario on how to use the product. I *think* that should be enough to get the user started without overwhelming them. This product is so open ended on its uses; I think it would be difficult to encapsulate everything.

In our experience, we typically find users tend to read short manuals, and skip large manuals only to access as reference guides from time to time.

Now, with that being said let me also say that I could have have missed the boat on the product manual. It may be way off on how folks our using the product here at Wilder’s or the best way to educate a new user.

For those that have time to kill, I send out this challenge to take a stab at creating a better manual. We could even post a contest for everyone to vote on the one they like the best. I would even be willing to think about including it in the next release.

I would love to see what folks come up with. You can generate as much or little text and screenshots as you like.

You all have my email, so don’t post it here, email it to me.

Btw: RogerNL, if you would like to talk further about the product (Although you are probably set since you got some excellent answer by these folks) you have my phone number (on the FDISR release email).

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I had the old manual in mind. The manual of the latest version looks better after a fast reading. I'm not going to re-read a manual in detail of a software, I know already for 2 years.
    My setup with ShadowProtect and FDISR is finished since September 2007, I can't improve it anymore. I like to spend my time on something else and there are no new users of FDISR anymore, because FDISR is terminated. So this subforum became very quiet. FDISR Rescue is too simple to get my attention. :)

3. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

That sounds like a great invitation and I'm sure interested in contributing some time and thoughts to a new document.
    Based on my own experience I would say that I grab a software manual when I face a challenge that I don't understand.

From my memory I would say that not the features of FD-ISR are hard to comprehend, but the concept of 'live' snapshots (which is totally different from the concept of disk images)

I have a question though, which release of FD-ISR did you have in mind for the customer-written documenation?

4. Leapfrog Software

It would be for the features in this last release of FD-ISR v3.31.232.

5. wilbertnl

The only thing is that I'm about to take off for spending 7 weeks with my family in The NetherLands.

6. Leapfrog Software

Sounds nice. Take me with you!

7. wilbertnl

You're in my laptop! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.