Sites reporting Ff 18 Final out!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ratchet, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. encus

encus Registered Member

Updated yesterday via manual update.

2. encus

encus Registered Member

I encountered Not Responding issue on a site (I forgot the name). I'll be testing it again for a while.

3. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

Same here. This is just the typical hating from fanboys. I never encounter any of the problems I always see brought up after every update. Ever... I'm running FF18 in SBIE and nothing is amiss whatsoever. And every build since v3 has been noticably quicker. I remember noticing an obvious speed increase in 8, and then again in 17. It's every bit as snappy as Chrome even with all my addons. In fact, these addons make my browsing snappier, not slower, since there's less elements on the page loading up thanks to NoScript & ABP.

If you want an unresponsive, POS browser to rag on... pick on IE. FF & Chrome are both good browsers. If Chrome could develop a NS equivalent, it would put it up there with FF in my eyes and perhaps even above. Until then, I have to give the nod to FF.

4. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

You answered yourself! ;)

5. luciddream

Sure that makes me look hypocritical, but anyone being objective about it can see a clear difference between what I just did and the pissing match that was transpiring on the last page.

I have no personal vendetta against IE... I'm just calling a spade a spade. That clearly isn't the case with these other people. They have an obvious axe to grind. If you can't see that... the difference here, you're just not being objective at all. And perhaps even what I said hit close to home to you.

6. Wild Hunter

I see no "logical" difference at all. Objective tests do not show IE as being an unresponsive POS.

7. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

8. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

Impatience sometimes, that's about it really.

@LucidDream: Yeah, but commenting as you did just gets the liquid flowing again for those that want to duke it out over a stupid browser. Some browsers work well for some, some don't. Heck, some days one browser works well for me where another doesn't. S**t happens.

9. encus

encus Registered Member

10. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Yes, I have quite a few extensions on Firefox, only two on Chrome, Firefox doesn't break pages for me like Chrome can & I certainly don't find Fx any slower than Chrome. IE 9 x64 is quite nippy, but I never really use it. IE 7/8 were essentially like browsing in slow motion for me.

11. luciddream

Note the word "objective". Aye... there's the rub.

12. Wild Hunter

I noted and used the word "objective". As I said, "objective tests do not show IE as being an unresponsive POS."

13. moontan

moontan Registered Member

working very fine here on either Windows 8 and Linux Mint XFCE.
    looks nicer in Mint though because of the way you can change windows colors and decorations.

not anything new that i can see on the surface but i'm just happy that it is regularly updated.

14. Adric

Adric Registered Member

15. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

LOL ... I was thinking the same thing.

I'm having no problems with Fx 18, if anything it seems a bit more zippy than 17.0.1.

16. harsha_mic

harsha_mic Registered Member

Bodhitree, your profile might been corrupted. try resetting the firefox, it should resolve the issue. (url: about:support --> click "reset firefox")

note: this would wipe out all the custom changes made to firefox and any addons installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.