SiteHound and SiteAdvisor toolbar - good work

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by aigle, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

:) lol i am looking 4wards to trying out the firefox version .

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Thank you for the feedback rusticdog. I'm sorry but i won't be perservering any further with it at this stage, due to other commitments. I hope you can eliminate the javascripting and other few bugs i encountered.

3. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

will the firefox version be free and when will it come out?

4. rusticdog

rusticdog Registered Member

If you can fire me the details of the error, then absolutely, otherwise we've got no idea what the problem is :)

Ultimately this depends on the beta testing, and how many problems there are....if any. I would think that second week of August we'd have a stable version that will be released to public. And yes, there will be the same free version as in IE.

5. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

To be honest i can't really tell you much more than what i posted earlier

Popup blocker needs to be switched OFF to be able to click on site information for more details

Javascript required for bad site reporting. Having javascript switched on is one of the last things needed if you visit a new site which may unknowingly, to the surfer, have exploits on it.

Inability to quickly and easily toggle sitehound on or off

Many sites slipped through the net

6. rusticdog

rusticdog Registered Member

Well as above really, most popupblockers don't need to be disabled, they generally have whitelist options or ways to open popups (such as CTRL + click)

my bad....I thought you were having specific errors reporting URLs, not that javascript was off.
    Easy fix is to add sitehoud.com into trusted zone and allow scripting for trusted sites.

If we added this, we may as well remove the blocking of adult sites...or password protect the option....which no longer makes it easy toggle, users will forget passwords etc...means password recovery or uninstall/reinstall....certainly worth the thought though, something we'll look at

It's always improving, and had the scripting not been an issue the report button would have worked too :)

Also in regards to the FF version, I stuffed up my dates, delivery date for the beta is actually the 11th August....

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.