Siteadvisor FP on Bitsum's Process Lasso

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Iangh, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

WHY is not resolved this TECHNICAL ERROR of McAfee- SiteAdvisor, WHY?

2. jdd58

jdd58 Registered Member

Too bad. Process Lasso might even relieve some of that syrupy slowness when you run McAfee on your PC. Process Lasso = one of my new favorites.

3. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Just to clear things up, comments by reviewers there do not change things that much. There are countless websites promoting rogue software, for example, which have been reported months ago by several experienced reviewers quoting other reliable sources, and yet after months these sites remain either unrated or green. So, that much for my influence :D

Slow-moving things in general have AFAIK driven at least one good (the best?) reviewer away.

btw. removal of my comment is not possible, as they would make other comments there out-of-place. I'll be posting one of my generic safe site comments to 'counter' red remark.

4. Pseudo

Pseudo Registered Member

McAfee is always slow at fixing false positives (for SiteAdvisor and detection for their anti-virus). I know Bitsum is a legitimate site, and I hope this does get resolved. I've used PECompact for a long time and I love Process Lasso. :)

5. jcollake

jcollake Registered Member

An update to this:

1. They finally fixed the rating for bitsum.com !! Yippee!! I don't know which of my many support requests or other actions resulted in this.
    2. ProcessLasso.com's rating is still in error, but I hope it will be resolved eventually. It's not as important as bitsum.com was.
    3. Yahoo Search still shows bitsum.com as RED, more than a week after the rating was fixed. They apparently pull down new site ratings very infrequently. It seems to me that this makes their use of the ratings even less accurate, and I don't see a technical reason for not pulling them down in real-time (or near real time).
    4. AvertLabs fixed the false positive on MakeService that caused this whole mess. They had apparently already fixed it by the time they responded to my most recent support request.

@lordpake: Yea, it seems odd that even experienced reviewers don't carry much weight. I am really unclear on how the SiteAdvisor system is supposed to work. I thought the idea was to have the community be the 'police' and determine site ratings, but apparently that's not how they are operating right now. Perhaps they had issues with malware sites having fake reviewers comment on their sites, or perhaps the community reviews just weren't reliable enough. Their automated scanning engine, which seems to be severely backlogged, is certainly no more accurate than community review though. Anyway, I appreciate the effort you've made to set things right.

Thanks to all for their concern about this. It has been refreshing to see so many people care about this problem.

I hope to see SiteAdvisor (and Yahoo) change their operating procedures so that all the other site owners affected by bad ratings can get help. There are so many others still suffering. McAfee/SiteAdvisor really should have a MUCH faster dispute resolution process. If I had to guess, it is probably a matter of them being too cheap to hire enough people to handle all the support requests in an expedient way.

As a side note, this fix has probably has saved me from a stroke, lol ;).

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  6. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Jeremy, I'm relieved - we're all happy for you, that justice is finally delivered for you!

At least 46 days (!) persisted bad trial of McAfee in this infortunate case: one might well think about the quality of his performance? - NO. It's simply scandalous.

Good luck for Jeremy! and his Process Lasso! for the year 2009 and beyond .

PROROOTECT:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.