Since Install ESS Spontaneous Reboots

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by andremedo, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andremedo

andremedo Registered Member

hi guys,
    I have bought ess 4 days ago and since I have installed it I have been having spontaneous reboots and it is so ennoying.As soon as I uninstall it it stops rebooting.can someone help me out with this problems.
    I am using windows 7 ultimate.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. andremedo

yeah I did mate.They keep telling me to uninstall and reinstall the program in safe mode which I have done it twice I am sick and tired of this program.I have never had such a headache with other programs and i should have stayed with Mcafee...I don't know what else do I need to do...
    any other suggestionso_O? I am asking my refund but they don't want to do that either...
    I was also having firs day continuous dropout on my internet, but thank good that stopped. I have been spending almost 3 days to fix that ....one of the best programs is that right. no way mate, I bloody doubt it...

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I have seen this happen in a few instances when a previously-installed anti-malware program did not get completely uninstalled prior to the installation of the new anti-malware program.

Since you mentioned you were previously using a McAfee product, I would suggest downloading the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (download link mid-way through that McAfee knowledgebase article), uninstall ESET Smart Security, run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool and re-install ESET Smart Security. The key here is to run the old vendor's uninstall tool before installing the new vendor's product. That way any device drivers, services, scheduled tasks or other objects associated with the old program are no longer around to interfere with the operation of the new program.

If that does not work, continue onward with Cudni's suggest to follow-up with ESET's technical support department. Be sure to include a link to this message thread, so they will know what you have done so far to troubleshoot the issue.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

6. andremedo

Thanking you so much.I have done what you instructed me to do with mcafee and guess what mate, It has been 2 days now no drop outs nor reboots.I convey and gratitude your time and effort.thank you and have a wonderful day...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.