Simple tutorial for creating a incremental backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by pzh20, Feb 26, 2015.

1. pzh20

pzh20 Registered Member

I'm using the free 14 edition, and after trying to read the reference manual (which I think was written by scientists for mathematicians!) I still don't understand how to do an incremental back.
    I have managed a full backup, but that takes 5 hours!

Anyone know where I can find the idiots guide?

Regards
    Pete

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

To do an incremental, you must first create a full image, the "base image". To create the incremental, use the wizard "Incremental Backup to VD" and select the base image.

Five hours to create an image is too much time. To create an image of the OS from a hard disk to an external USB disk shouldn´t take more than 20 minutes, usually less than 10. It would be helpful if you could post more details about the procedure you followed.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  3. pzh20

pzh20 Registered Member

Sorry for the long delay, I created the full backup n a NAS drive, but I cannot get to it via the incremental wizard. It doesn't show mapped drives or the network location.

Any ideas?

Pete

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.