Simple Question

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by MRSCT, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

I feel at home here,

I guess I will have alot of time on my hands now. After 31 continuous years with Head Start, I have been terminated. I feel because of budget problems. I am now one of the many 50 plus people who are too young to draw retirement and too old to find a job.

Has this happen to anyone else here? Anyway my computer question is I have a mouse that has a little gray ball on the bottom. I am having trouble getting the mouse to go where I want it to go. I can't afford to buy another mouse, even tho it is a very simple request, can someone help me?

MRSCT

2. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

Sorry to hear about the layoff from Head Start.

You should be able to remove the grey ball and clean the three rollers inside with a Q-Tip and alcohol. The retainer usually rotates left and the ball drops out.

If this does not resolve the problem, a Logitech optical can be purchased for as little as $10.

3. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

What is an optical mouse? o_O

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

Oh, my husband has that on his computer. And they had one in my classroom for the 3 and 4 year olds to use. I was trying to get them to change it before they terminated me. It is way to large for their hands. Tell me the advantages and disadvanages of this mouse?

MRSCT

6. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Way superior performance compared to a ball mouse. No mouse pad required.

7. Close_Hauled

Close_Hauled Registered Member

The link below is for the Logitech® Optical Mouse that you can buy at Staples. I specified this one because it supports both PS/2 and USB ports. Therefore it will most certainly work for your PC:

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...0051&langId=-1&productId=103143&cmArea=SEARCH

This mouse is the Logitech® Optical Mouse USB. It can only be used on systems that have a USB port. It is $5 cheaper than the first one:

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/s...0051&langId=-1&productId=133817&cmArea=SEARCH

Buy the second one if you know that you have a free USB port in youir system.

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Congrats to you on all those many years with Head Start. Thru my oldest sister I have a decent understanding of what it requires in that occupation....patience of a Saint. Good Luck with any future endeavors you may persue. Also....don't forget about our Ten Forward Forum if you ever need a place to post something non computer related. The regulars that hang in that Forum will do their darndest in making a bleak day look brighter.

9. MRSCT

MRSCT Registered Member

Thanks, I never have been invited to the ten forward forum, from here I thought it was sort of a private group.

About how much does the optical mouse cost? (ball park answer)

10. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

No invitation required. The asylum is always open. :D

I paid 40 bucks CDN for mine a while back but i'm sure there are better prices out there. ;) :D

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.