Simple method to encrypt files, exchange from Windows to Mac

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by phkhgh, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phkhgh

phkhgh Registered Member

[FONT=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Looking for a simple way to encrypt mostly text files, to exchange by email w/ some of my "non technical" Mac user friends.[/FONT] Something that uses decent encryption & is easy to use. 7-Zip for Windows is perfect, but I've not found any maintained, up to date, GUI prgms for Mac that can read / write 7-Zip format.

Keka (for Macs) is maintained & will do 7-zip, but ONLY uses "Zip 2.0 legacy" encryption. http://forum.kekaosx...7907ac911711d10

Don't necessarily need compression, but these type prgms would be really easy to use for non techies.
    I use TrueCrypt, that also runs on Mac, but it might be a bit cumbersome for encrypting a file to attach to email.

I don't think these particular friends could / would master setting up Thunderbird to use signing & encryption certificates & deal w/ using public / private keys.
    Maybe, but something simpler would probably be better for them.

Any suggestion for other easy to use Mac encryption prgms (for one file at a time), & a Windows counterpart, both able to read / write in same format; both using decent encryption?
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.