Simple firewall....???

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by J314, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J314

J314 Guest

I would like a firewall that will pass the grc stealth test no propblem without a masterclass in internet security. I tried outpost, tiny and lock n stop and all of them failed the port scans - of course i understand that i need to learn and configure, but thats just it it, i dont have the time. I was using ZA free version and it passed grc tests without any mods, i might go back to it but before i do, can you guys help me by recomending another simple but strong firewall with light resources. By the way, with tiny, i had problems with windows services (on grc there were closed ports as opposed to stealth).

Thanks James.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

James, with Tiny, you need to go into the options move your network card/interface into the Dangerous Zone. Then everything should be stealth unless you have any programs listening on ports. They may show as open if they have Trusted access.

3. J314

J314 Guest

yeah, i have already tried that, still i have ports 1028; open 1026; closed 1021; closed - all occupied with ms svchost.exe. i also have a problem with 1049 an waol.exe occupied port. do you know how to stealth these, if i can then id be pretty much happy with tiny,

thanks again,

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.