silent mode option and scheduled tasks not saved?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Cambee72, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cambee72

Cambee72 Registered Member

I have created a new config/xml file with a silent mode selected. I think it has been applied (haven't received a pop up in 30 mins) BUT when looking at the control center where I have installed NOD32 with this config, it says silent mode is off. Is this normal?

Also, I have scheduled tasks that won't go away. It does not appear in the config I created, only in the control center on the workstation which after a succsfull install has both the tasks I applied to the new config and the ones from the old one which I deleted. Any idea where it is pulling this task from? I was hoping the new config would overwrite all the old settings but it seems as if the workstation holds onto previous settings.

2. Cambee72

It looks to be combining the original template file with the new config....should it be doing this? I removed the tasks from the template. Uninstalled nod32 on the client. Deleted the program files folder and reg keys in HKLM\Software\Eset and HKCU\Software\Eset. Pushed the install again with the new config file and I still have every task ever created. How can I get rid of all the tasks and start anew?

3. Cambee72

Got the silent mode fixed. Can anyone help with the tasks? I have deleted and recreated the package installer and configuration file and still the old deleted tasks appear when doing a push install. I simply want to remove all previous tasks to start with a clean slate. ANy help is appreciated.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just download the configuration from a workstation, mark desired tasks for deletion and push it back to the workstation.

5. Cambee72

Thanks! I think i was being a bit impatient waiting for changes to occur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.