sigaint.org email problem

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by JDawg, Sep 11, 2015.

1. JDawg

JDawg Registered Member

I was formerly on here as LinuxNewb but lost my password so mirimir its me lol. I have a paid sigaint.org email account i like the service but wondered what other think also i have tried a million time to link it to thundebird i have followed the instructions but cannot get it to work i run ubuntu as my operating system but am no expert. I wanted to see if anybody had feedback on sigaint.org and if anybody has is have they seccesfully linked it with thunderbirdo_O?? Thx

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I have a paid Sigaint account working in Icedove (with TorBirdy and Enigmail) in a Whonix workstation VM. I followed the instructions exactly. I used the POP server settings, and used their onion service address for both POP and SMTP.

If you're not working in Whonix, maybe you haven't setup Tor properly. It's not such an easy thing. You can piggyback from Tor browser, but it's a kludge. I recommend just using Whonix.

3. JDawg

JDawg Registered Member

Ya i have to reinstall whonix i got my gpg4win working properly and i have enigmail with thunderbird for a few other email addys but whonix is the safest way to prevent leaks. I have just been super busy and haven't had the time to sit down and do it maybe tomorrow i can reinstall it. I have so many backups i have to do anyways. Man i wish i never messed up the first time i had FDE. Now that i understand it i just have to rebuild like i had it before. Thx mirimir

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.