sick of bt router

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by lodore, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hello,
    my bt router seems to cut out the internet alot even with the usb connection.
    the wireless is worse thou.
    the ethernet is worse than the usb connection i dont think my mobo ethernet socket is to blame.
    i want a router that i use eiether ethernet or wireless that dont keep cutting out
    and i need wireless for the nintendo wii

what make of router do you swear by that dont cut the internet out alot?
    i want a routet that is reliable and has quite alot of options.
    adsl2 modem would be nice.
    around £80 i would be willing to pay
    any ideas?
    lodore

mods move to software & services please
    i put in wrong section=D

2. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Hi lodore,

I have a Netgear WGR614 for two years now and I never experience any problems with it. True Firewall and easy to configure.

See some feature below.

Hope it helps.:)

"NETGEAR's 54 Mbps Wireless Router lets you experience the blazing-fast network wireless speeds of 54 Mbps. These higher speeds make it a snap to web surf, download large files, videoconference, stream high-quality digital movies, MP3 music and photos and play online games. This wireless router also works with 802.11b wireless products so you can use it with your existing 802.11b devices and your new 54 Mbps 802.11g devices. Auto-sensing chooses the fastest connections possible on your 10/100 Mbps wide area network and four local area network ports. True Firewall (SPI) advanced security provides maximum protection from professional hackers. URL blocking and e-mail alerts provide parents with controls to limit access to inappropriate web sites and monitor children's access. Simple to install, you just follow the cues shown on your PC screen and your router will be up and running in no time. Smart Wizard auto-detects and configures for the best ISP connection, while UPnP™ (Universal Plug and Play) makes it easy to use your computers, gaming consoles and other client devices — wireless and Ethernet — for gaming, instant messaging, and other applications."

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

cool thanks.
    i can get a linksys wireless n router for about £80.
    i just want one that is reliable and has some tweaking in the firewall etc.
    i need a reliable wireless connection for the wii and want reliable connetection for the pc so i can surf the internet with no cut outs lol
    it needs to be a modem as well since its replacing my modem router that i use atm.
    its a shame the buffalo routers dont have modems in them because i like the buffalo routers
    lodore

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

ok, here you go.....

not a clue how much they are, but both are 'top-standard' of routers, check reviews and prices.

just a couple suggestions.

for adsl2+ routers:

1. Belkin N1 Wireless Router 802.11n
    2. Netgear DG834PN 108Mbps Rangemax Wireless ADSL2
    3. Belkin 7633

try and find out.

if you need a cable router, i suggest linksys WRT54G series, very reliable and fast.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks Chris
    i need wireless for my nintendo wii
    and i will probaly use ethernet for my pc.

this might have to wait thou since i just got an email from diskeeper they gave me a coupon code to get diskeeper 2007 from the europe store for the same price as the us store! as an upgrade from 10 pro
    if diskeeper 2007 pro premier is cheap i will get that lol
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.